Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Candy Corn Nails


They look yummy, but please do not eat them! 
This was a complicated experiment for me. It took me a while to get these perfect. This could be because it was hard, or because I am a perfectionist...


Ingredients:
  • Yellow, Orange, and White nail polish
  • Clear top coat
  • A steady hand
 First paint your nails white. I had to do two coats. I guess you could just paint the top half, but I like to paint the whole nail to prevent bumps.


Then paint the bottom 2/3 of your nails orange.


 
I used tape for this but it made it so much harder. The tape kept sticking to the nail polish and lifting it up. I had to redo so many nails using this technique. I even tried waiting 2 hours for the white to dry before using the tape and it still stuck. It was awful so I gave up on tape and did the rest by hand. It turned out pretty good though. It's not as straight as I wanted, but it's better than I thought it would be and it took a lot less time.



 
Then add the yellow polish to the last 1/3 of the nail. It gets a bit bulky so be careful. It will also take a long time to dry since there is so much polish. Don't forget your clear top coat. So shiny!

*tip: if you mess up there is an easy way to correct it. Get your finger a bit wet with spit (yes I said spit) and then correct your mistake. For some reason spit does not mess up nail polish and you can smooth out mistakes easily. Gross but useful.

8 comments:

  1. I adore this idea!!! I found your blog through craftgawker (I have some cards on there!) Have a fabbie, crafty day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time on Craftgawker and I am so excited! I am a new blogger so I was a little nervous applying. Thanks so much for your support! I really like your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea, to help with tape pulling polish try sticking it to ur jeans or t shirt to take some of the sticky then put on nail might help and to help dry for top coat I use Sally Hansen's 30 sec top coat helps dry quicker still have to wait a bit but shortens it considerably have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a great idea, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fully appreciate the value you are providing here.
    thanks for posting this blog. its really very helpful for us.
    red pumps shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both gel and acrylic nails are equally well-liked, though acrylic nails are being used for a much longer period than gel nails Nails

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Post. This post is so much beneficial for me. I am really grateful to you for sharing this information with us. I hope you will share again this type of post with us.
    If you are unable to Change AOL Mail Password, you can visit our blog for more information. Otherwise, you can seek expert advice through a toll-free number. They will guide you properly regarding your problems

    ReplyDelete