Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oops Risotto

 
This risotto had a big mistake that I thought would ruin it, but instead it turned out fantastic! My friend came over for dinner and brought the cheese for the risotto. I told her to get Monterey Jack Cheese and she got Pepper Jack Cheese. A little different. So I was a bit apprehensive. It actually tasted amazing! It had this yummy bite to it and was not overpowering. Thanks Maya!


Ingredients:
  • Arborio Rice - 1 cup
  • Chicken stock - 2.5 cups
  • Milk - 2 cups
  • White Wine - 3 tablespoons
  • Butter - 2 tablespoons
  • 1 Onion - chopped in large pieces
  • 1 zucchini - chopped into small pieces
  • 1 clove garlic - minced
  • Pepper to taste
  • Pepper Jack Cheese - 1/2 to 3/4 grated
  • Basil - minced
 First saute the onions with the butter for around 3 minutes. At the same time mix the milk and chicken broth in a saucepan and put it on low heat.


Add the garlic and rice and stir for 1 minutes straight. Then add the white wine and stir until it is absorbed. Start adding the broth mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Make sure to let each cup absorb before adding another cup.


After about 10 minutes add the zucchini. Cook until the rice tastes tender. This may mean you use all the broth or less/more. Just use your best judgement. When you are almost done throw in the basil and pepper. Stir stir stir!


Remove the mixture from the heat when the last addition of broth is absorbed. Scoop the risotto into a bowl and add the cheese. Fold the cheese into the risotto and watch as it melts into gooey deliciousness.


Basic risotto consists of the arborio rice, cheese, and broth. Beside that you can add pretty much anything you want. Sometimes I add tomatoes or other vegetables. Some recipes call for sausage or another type of meat. Because it is so versatile you can experiment. Try it out!

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for supplying this information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it I feel like this blog really has all of these qualities that make it a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such great knowledge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really amazed me with your writing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I m very pleased to read this article.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post went ahead and made my day. i really like this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done article that. I'll make sure to use it wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm shocked that I found this info so easily. magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that's a clever way of thinking about it. fuckin amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. Your post is a useful contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, fabulous stuff there you are! plss write more like this

    ReplyDelete

  12. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this site because so much useful stuff on here

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was surprised that you’re not more popular since you definitely possess the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I want you to keep writing like this. Because this story is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Nice Post. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its like you read my mind! This is magnificent blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found some useful topics in this well detail form. Thanks. Good job you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad to discover this page. Thank you that I had a great read.

    ReplyDelete

  20. I have seen good contents.
    The content on your site is great. I am impressed

    ReplyDelete

  21. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share

    ReplyDelete


  22. Your blog got me to learn a lot, thanks for sharing, nice article

    ReplyDelete
  23. take care of our health. I hope I can stay healthy next time

    ReplyDelete

  24. Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful info here.

    ReplyDelete